We created an EC2 instance in one of previous labs and had enabled termination protection. We need to terminate that instance.
Use the Change Termination Protection option from the Instances screen's Actions menu to allow termination of these instances.
Need to create an EC2 instance and have enabled termination protection.
- Login to AWS console and go to EC2 page.
- Go to Instances page and select your instance.
- Copy and run the Public DNS (IPv4) on a browser, and you should see the index.html file loaded with “Hello Buddy!” text. Public DNS has the form: http://ec2-54-71-189-77.us-west-2.compute.amazonaws.com/
- Click on the Actions menu on top and go to Instance State and try to stop, start, reboot and terminate. You will not be able to do terminate because we have enabled termination protection.
- Click on the Actions menu on top and go to Instance Settings and click on “Change Termination Protection”.
- Click on the Actions menu on top and go to Instance State and Terminate.
- Termination Protection is turned off by default, will have to click to enable while instance creation.